I am probably not alone in this but I love a freshly vacuumed room. Not only do I love a freshly vacuumed room, I love it when I put a carpet freshener down and then it smells fabulous.
A couple of things I do not like though about carpet fresheners you buy from a store:
- Scents they Offer
- What is in Them
So when we started to use oils I was sure there had to be a better and cheaper way to make a carpet freshener. Plus I knew that with how fabulous the essential oils smelled, I could make a much better smelling carpet freshener!
So I started to just experiment with using baking soda and oils. This is what I do now:
- Quarts Glass Jar with Lid (I used a screw driver and hammer to make holes in the top of it)
- I put about 3 Cups of Baking Soda in the jar
- I put what Young Living Essential Oils I want [my favorites would be Thieves, Purification and Citrus Fresh] in the Baking Soda (about 10-15 drops per Cup of Baking Soda).
- I put some wax paper over the top and then put the lid on.
- I shake up the Baking Soda and E.O’s and then let it sit and absorb the smell.
- I then shake it on the floor and let it sit and then vacuum up the homemade carpet freshener.
I know that it is all natural. I know there are no chemicals. I know that I am not harming my animals, my children or my husband!
Do not forget, we have a giveaway going on right now! Make sure to register! Retail value of the two oils is: $30.92
(make sure to follow our blog because we are giving away essential oils in November and December as well!)
No Purchase Necessary
If you are ready to join the YLEO spOILed Family?
If you want to order or see products for Young Living?
Would you like to talk to Jack or Amy?
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.